Wednesday, February 8, 2012

08/02/08

Though it's obscure to say things such as this,
but exceptions are made when such defining days
come in your life. Four years back 8th February
changed my life. Few steps on that day and a giant
leap in esprit!


The strangest thing about life is that, atypical things
occur with you when you least augur them- something which
in ancient greek was called as Heteroclite.
The careless steps taken on that late february evening,
unmindful of what was to unfurl-where Hampi welcomed me with
moist vapors in the wee hours of 8th February 2008. I've heard in
primeval times, monks and sages used to make their journeys along
high mountains of Himalayas; where confinement, solitariness and
isolation were profound. My pursuit commenced in the arid terrain ,
my atonement soared in the ruined empire, my reclamation articulated
with beatniks, my Salvation came in Hampi. If I've to divide my life I can
divide it before and after Hampi. The February air that I inhaled at Hampi
aerated cerebrations, unshrouded reflections, stirred wisdom to the point that
I could see myself naked; celebrating for the first time in the euphoria of
ordinariness.

Coming back from Hampi I was - wiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment