Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dilip Kumar.

"The earliest memories of Dilip Kumar that I've go way back to my early childhood. Brought up in a family where movies were discussed at every field day; over nun chai and early supper of winters, Dilip Kumar was regarded a legend by everyone; to the point that on any mention or blink of Dilip Kumar, my father and my uncle would scream at us to stay quiet- such was the awe and respect. My grandfather was more a Raj Kapoor fan. Which I understand now, why! Raj Kapoor was a showman of impeccable stature; his vision of cinema was a head trip; doozy and full of fantasy. Dilip Kumar on the contrary was a method actor- which he brought into his movies as well. As is widely believed, Dilip Kumar ghost directed many of his movies. I wouldn't disagree with that rumor entirely. Though its very difficult to pick his best work but if you put a gun to my head and say name one, my choice would be Aadmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment