Friday, February 8, 2013

For You and Me

                                   The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility.

I like crimson skies, when she is with me. Close to me. I feel her. Everywhere around me. The waters of the lake are calm, it is one of such evenings. Boats are rowing. There is a bevvy of madness in people, frothing for a ride. We took a ride too, on an enterprising boat, with a cheerful boatman, who sang songs- Wale vasiye gachvoy aabas, duniya chuye neendre khwabas , and paddled gently. Our silence spoke, enamoring words. In such moments, spoken words do little justice; we knew. I kept on looking at her. She tried avoiding my harmless stalking. Or was she tricking herself. The lake enchanted us; the Zabarwan overlooked; the boat carrying lovers. Love is never a may be thing. You know when you love someone. I knew in the moment of that late evening: when a song played in my heart, a poem rose in my chest, and haiku played in my mind.  Pearls from skies, filled the elixir of love in me. I danced. I celebrated.  On a starless night, she in my arms. 


You filled the chalice of my love
You teemed it with a memory of years gone by
Did I woo you when tiny steps we took 
Along that fairy tale village
In the mountains of Pir Panchal,
In age of innocence where it was
feeble wind when glided past
Of old love and quiet primrose
Our song never died
Rich in worship it was,
Pensive am I why now?
Languid are my eyes, why?
I am absent now, but why?


No comments:

Post a Comment