Sunday, July 20, 2014

I made a will.



An epithet on my grave
will they write
Of my strife and conflict
following my shadows
supplanted my blithe.

Of half smiles
and certain distances
years never lived
and moments wizened.

Of tears that dried in my eyes
the hope drained in many nights
when longed and wept
in pining and her lust.

Of that ceaseless solace
and downbeat poems
that no one heard
silence grew
when foxes howled
such long nights I wept.

Of those bespoken wails
and footless marks on snow
Nay the sand,
between two worlds
fix my feet, will you?

Of that unheard thunder
and cloudless rains
dark and beautiful
keep my head still
it isn't easy here.

Of wrapped nights 
and dog-tired days
strong cedar smell
I waited for this
death only brought
us close.

Let me have her now
I waited for this.

What will they write on my grave?


Bury me beside her, I made a will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basaan chum bei mar ma
Veyn ha chum akkoy tamana
Channe brande kane talha
Mei gochum mazaar asunn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems I may die
and I have a last wish to make
Below the portico of her house
dig my grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment