Friday, March 28, 2014

Magnolia of hearts



Magnolia sprigs in Pahalgam Kashmir.



If you should ask me where I've been
on all those days and nights when you missed me.

When you would cuddle under a blanket, on a lonely wet wintry night 
I was in its warmth..hugging you

When you lied on a porch facing your garden, 
on a mild summer evening
you were drowned in pain and sombre
the pangs ran deep and sorrow
I was listening to your heart...

When you walked a step and held back
looking for me in your drowsy eyes
In the late afternoon air that was  hot and sticky 
I held your hand and we walked a mile..

When people joyous in mirth laughed and sang
I played in the doleful of your quietness
Of your absence and my presence
I was your melancholy
I am your gloom.

When rain quenched the thirst of a withered earth
and the window of your room flanked in gusts of wind
I settled in your hand in a droplet of rain
just when you tried grasping some
I am your drought
I am your storm.

When you dressed up primp in the polka dot dress 
embellished and dandy
you smelled nice and stood firm
I was your mirror that you looked straight into
You are gorgeous- I told you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment